This is my third attempt at a blog post today. The first two attempts were just awful; disjointed and unfocused. I’m sure this attempt won’t win any awards, but I’m determined to hit the publish button by the end of the day. Can I blame it on the whole time change thing? And while we’re talking about this ‘spring forward’ thing, it always amazes me when people act totally oblivious to the time change. I mean, it’s not some big secret. It’s on the calendar. Newscasters remind you to change your clocks. Heck, most clocks change by themselves these days. So, if you woke up confused as to what time it was this morning, I have no sympathy for you.
I think I’ll move on to the ever exciting bulleted post. Perhaps that will allow my disjointed mind to convey my disjointed thoughts without having to write disjointed sentences.
- Disjointed is the word of the day.
- I’m attempting to eat really well this week in preparation for Saturday’s half marathon. I tend to perform better when I’m not bogged down by too many nights of injudicious eating. I’m pretty good about eating healthy meals, but by the end of the night, I turn into a stress eating monster. I’m talking extra bowls of cereal, fingers in the Nutella jar, handfuls of chocolate chips. This week I want to really focus on healthy food, which would explain why there is a lentil/rice casserole baking in my oven right now. However, this does not explain the two cookies, liberally smeared with peanut butter, I ate and washed down with a 240z diet Pepsi. I’m hopeless.
- I washed my floors today. I’m a fan of keeping the house clean, but floors are my nemesis. I try not to look down too much so that I can pretend they’re not filthy. Unfortunately, I looked down this morning and realized it had been FAR too long since the last time I washed them. They were in such sorry shape that I actually got down on my hands and knees to really get them clean. I used Murphy’s Oil Soap, whose smell will forever remind me of the time my dad helped restore a friend’s family home in San Fransisco. Like all good dads, he put his kids to good use (free labor) and I remember having to wash wood cabinets with Murphy’s Oil Soap. My sister found the ashes of a cremated dog in the closet of that home. Good times.
- Caroline went to a rock climbing birthday party yesterday.
She had a great time. AND there was ice cream cake, which I was lucky enough to eat two slices of. Now, what was I saying about wanting to eat well this week?
- I’m just putting this out there for the single ladies, but if you’re looking for a date, go to your nearest indoor rock climbing facility. It seems to be where the young and hip people hang out. And by young and hip people, I mean shirtless dudes with lots of muscles.
Before I start on another disjointed (ding, ding, word of the day) tangent, I’m going to hit the publish button and call it a day.
This, I fear, is the best I’ll be able to muster today. See, it is good to have low expectations. 🙂