With bullet points! Because that means I can get away with choppy sentences and half thoughts. Three cheers for mediocrity!
- Caroline is really loving her teacher. I’m really loving the fact that school is back in session. It really is a glorious thing.
- Very shortly we’ll have a packing date, plane tickets and actual plans for our upcoming move. We still have to figure out the car shipment thing. Oh, and I also still have to figure out how to move Hawaii to Virginia so we can avoid the packing and the flying and the car shipping thing.
- Craig is still in Texas trying to out-process Fort Hood. It has been a long, stressful, drawn out process; a process riddled with complications, mess ups and a very large credit card bill. You know how they say adversity and complications build character? Well, it’s safe to say that Craig and I have character in spades; especially Craig.
- Regardless of his clearing status, Craig is coming home on Thursday, which happens to be our 16th anniversary. 16 years is a long time to be married; I credit our “success” (and by success I mean we haven’t killed each other yet) to multiple deployments. It’s easy to get along when you’re separated by a rather large ocean.
- Craig and I are running a half marathon next Sunday. I did my final training run this morning and now I feel like I’ve been hit by a semi truck. Kind of makes you wonder why people sign up for these things, huh? That’s what I was thinking as I dragged my legs up a very large hill this morning. I should find a different hobby.
- Speaking of hobbies, I’ve been keeping busy with crafts. I finished my canvas/scrapbook paper/mod podge dining room art; I even took pictures. I think? Perhaps I’ll share them one day.
- I am currently addicted to tomato sandwiches: toasted bread, mayo, sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper. A thing of beauty.
- I eat a tomato sandwich and a smoothie for lunch; salad for dinner; boat loads of ice cream for dessert.
- I need to stop buying ice cream.
- My windows are open. Football is on TV. Caroline has school tomorrow.
- I really love September.